02 Nov Badger sunscreens for summer
Summer in SA is HOT! And with the spring flowers coming and going earlier than usual this year it’s a good indication that we’re going to have a lot of tweets and posts about how we’re dying of the heat. And I don’t know about you but I don’t do very well with the summer heat.
In fact ,you want to know something really funny? Despite being a South African raised in Namibia I actually have a sun allergy. Yup, not kidding. I found out when I was living in Germany of all places. They had a 29°c “heat wave” one weekend and a dermatologist friend of the people I was with noticed that I went red and itchy after being out the sun. Something I’m used to but as it turns out the tiny bumps and itching after only a short while in the sun is actually not normal. I always thought I just had a sensitive skin cause I’m so pale.
On top of this sun allergy I do actually have a sensitive skin as well so I struggle finding a decent spf cream that helps. When I was offered the Badger sunscreen to try out I thought why not.
They’re organic and natural, mineral based, which is a bonus because in summer we like swimming in rivers (warmer than the ocean) and we have a natural swimming pool which means we can’t put chemicals in it else it messes with the balance of things and we get algae.
So, a few things about it from using it:
- It’s quite thick so I’ve taken to mixing it in with a bit of coconut oil to make it easier to put on.
- Mix it in with foundation or tint if you’re putting it on your face cause it makes you very white haha.
- It’s not 100% waterproof but I actually think it’s more waterproof than the previous ones I’ve tried.
- The price is a little high market but if you don’t have the time to make your own and you actually care about the chemicals you use is worth it.
- Even my sensitive skin gives it the okay :)
- They smell GOOD :P