22 Jan Cape Town authors meet-up
It’s not too often I choose to socialize, the people have to be pretty damn special for me to willingly head into a group situation but when I got invited to the Cape Town authors breakfast at Bootleggers I couldn’t say no because I fangirl a few of them so hard in secret. These are just some of the most talented and nicest people ever. Though I feel a bit like a fraud going there when I’m not actually a published author as they all are but they welcomed me anyway and it makes me feel just that much more inspired to join their ranks!
The biggest bonus? I came home with an amazing collection of books from these uber talented people. I get so giddy when an author gives me a book, particularly when they are signed! Actors and singers – eh, they’re just people. Authors? Writers? They give up a part of their soul to share with the world. These are my people, I can actually relate to them.
I even had the best conversation with two of my favorites about the most exciting collaborations but I can’t tell you about them right now, you’ll just have to wait a little bit – but I am so doing that little happy jig every time I think about it :P
If you want to check out who was there and maybe support some local authors here’s a few of them :
- Tallulah Habib – Tallulah Lucy / Covers by Tallulah
- Michael Smorenburg – www.MichaelSmorenburg.com
- Rachel Morgan – www.rachel-morgan.com
- Laura Shortridge – discordiankitty.com
- Nerine Dorman – amazon.com/Nerine-Dorman
- Milan Watson – amazon.com/Milan-Watson
- Christine Bernard – christine bernard author
- Hayley Jane Long – storytellersbox
- Cindi Ongers – cindipage.com